SSS: Seismic Structural Safety
Earthquakes are some of the most catastrophic events ever. In the last few years, following some violent earthquakes, seismic engineers have become increasingly aware about the importance and the knowledge of the seismic action: “Be aware, to prevent” should be the common rule in the framework of the design and the reliability assessment of those structures which are subjected to ground motion acceleration.
If you would make this kind of experience.. COME TO MESSINA!
The city lying on the Strait of Messina that Goethe described as "the land of lemons in flower where the golden oranges glow among the dark leaves", where the weather is hotter and people are awesome!
You will also have the possibility to spend some time in an holiday site where white sandy beaches and blue crystalline seas have nothing to envy to Malibu beaches and where also you will be asked to get familiar with young local habits: many sunbathing and wonderful swims during the day and wonderful swims again wormed up by bonfire and music during the night!
..Don't you like the Sicilian heat especially when too close to the sea?! Don't worry guys!
We can satisfy everyone's like: you will be taken at about two thousand meters above sea level enjoying some breath-taking landscapes..
..Haven't we met your wishes yet?!? No problem!
How to resist to the irreplaceable Sicilian dishes?
There is no need to add anything else.
BE READY, THE HOTTEST SUMMER OF YOUR LIFE IS AT THE DOOR!
Are you brave enough?
- Fields of activity:
- Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Civil Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Territory Engineering
- Content and topics:
- The Course provides an overview of the: - basic concepts of the structural dynamics - local seismic response - Innovative retrofitting of existing buildings in seismic areas - Earthquake-protection strategies of buildings with TMD and base isolation - Tools and strategies for r.c. buildings in seismic areas - Collapse Analysis of Masonry Structures under Earthquake Actions
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The aim of this course is to instruct students on the basic concepts of structural dynamics, on the seismic behavior of some types of structures, on the local seismic response of the ground and on new methods to reduce the seismic action. The course is focused in theoretical lessons, exercises, laboratory visits and Company Visit
- Examination type:
- Case Study
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Cheerful and motivated people who are interested and prepared on the topic.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University Dormitory with single or double rooms, all equipped with air conditioning, fridge and bathroom.
- University canteen and provided by organisers. Three meals, at least one hot meal per day.
- Public transport, private cars and foot, based on needs.