Board of European Students of Technology AISBL ("BEST", "we", "us", "our") operates this website.
Our registered address is Rond Point Schuman 6, 5th floor, 1040, Brussels, Belgium. Our association number is 0541.934.941 and this is also our VAT registration number. Our contact email address is [email protected]
We make no representations and provide no warranties that:
- the website will be made available at any specific time or from any specific geographical location;
- your access to the website will be continuous or uninterrupted; or
- the website will be accessible or optimised on all browsers, computers, tablets, phones or viewing platforms.
We reserve the right to suspend access to all or part of the website for any reason, such as improving the appearance or functionality of the website, content updates, periodic maintenance, or to resolve any issues that we become aware of. Wherever we anticipate that we need to suspend access to the website for a considerable period of time, we will try to provide you with prior notice where reasonably practicable.
Our website is provided for users located in European countries including the entire territory of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Georgia, Turkey and Russian territory west of the 61° Meridian and excluding colonies. Although it may be possible to access the website from other countries, we make no representation that our website is compliant with any legal requirements in force in any jurisdiction other than Europe, or that the content available on the website will be appropriate for users in other countries or states.
- to reflect any changes in the way we carry out our activity;
- to account for any changes we make to our website, including, without limitation, any new features or functionality we provide, any adjustments to the means by which we provide notices to you, or any changes in the content, purpose or availability of the website;
- to accurately describe our current data processing activities so that you are kept up to date with our latest practices;
- to ensure that our documentation complies and remains compliant with any and all current and future applicable laws, regulations and official guidance.
If we provide you with account information such as a user name, account code and/or password, you must keep such information confidential and secret and not disclose it to anyone. All account information is provided for use of the named account holder only, and not for any other person. You are responsible for any consequences of unauthorised access to your account due to any disclosure of your account information to any third party.
Where we provide you with the option to select your own login information, including a password, we recommend that you supply login information unique to your own use of this website, and do not use information from other accounts you may hold with other websites or any easily discoverable personal information.
You must never use another user's account without permission. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You agree that you will not solicit, collect or use the login credentials of other individuals. We prohibit the creation of, and you agree that you will not create, an account for anyone other than yourself. You also represent that all information you provide to us upon registration and at all other times will be true, accurate, current, and complete. You agree to update your information as necessary to maintain its truth and accuracy.
You must never create more than one account for all our Sites. In case you need to update your Personal Information (Name, Date of birth, Gender and/or Citizenship) you need to contact BEST Helpdesk at http://BEST.eu.org/helpdesk/helpdesk.jsp.
If you know or suspect that the confidentiality of your login information has been compromised, for example, by the disclosure of such information to any third party, you must immediately change your password. If you are unable to change your password, you must immediately notify us by using our Helpdesk service which can be accessed at http://BEST.eu.org/helpdesk/helpdesk.jsp.
All trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and its content are either owned by us or licensed to us. All such rights are protected by intellectual property laws around the world and all rights are reserved. Any use of the website and its contents, other than as specifically authorised herein, is strictly prohibited. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by us.
BEST Board of European Students of Technology is a trademark of Board of European Students of Technology.
We provide no warranties that any of the content or materials available on our website are accurate, up-to-date or complete.
The content on our website is provided for your personal, private and non-commercial use only. You may print or share the content from our website for lawful personal purposes, private or non-commercial purposes, and you may also make others within your organisation aware of the content on our website. You may not otherwise extract, reproduce or distribute the content of our website without our prior written consent.
Whenever you print, download, share or pass on content from our website to others, you must not make any additions or deletions or otherwise modify any text from our website, you must not alter or change in any way any images, media or graphics from our website in any way, you may not remove any accompanying text from such images, media or graphics, and you must ensure that all content passed on to any third party is an accurate representation of the content as it appears on our website.
You are prohibited from using any robots, spiders, data mining or scraping technology or any similar third party tools for the extraction or reproduction of any data or content from our website without our prior written consent.
Whenever you pass on any content or materials from our website to anyone, you must acknowledge us as the authors of such content or materials (or any other authors wherever credited by us) at the time when you pass on such content or materials.
You must not, without our prior written consent, access, interfere with, damage or disrupt in any way our website or any part of it, our systems, any of our hardware or equipment or any networks on which our website is hosted, any software that we use to create or modify the website or to make the website available to you, or any hardware, equipment, network, server, software or technology owned or operated by us or any third party.
- for any purpose that is unlawful or that in any way breaches any applicable laws or regulations, whether local, national or international;
- for any fraudulent purposes whatsoever;
- to conduct any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or direct or indirect marketing to anyone by any means, or to otherwise spam, communicate with or market to anyone any goods, services or business not authorised by us;
- to upload, host or transmit any viruses, malware, adware, spyware, worms, Trojan horses, keystroke loggers, spyware, logic bombs, time bombs or any other harmful programs or code which could adversely affect the use or operation of the website, our hardware or systems, or the computers, tablets, phones or other devices of any users or other third parties, or to upload any content or materials containing any such content;
- to communicate with, harm or attempt to harm children in any way; or
You must not submit to us any personal information about you if you are under the age of 16 or about any other person who is either:
- under the age of 16; or
- if they are aged 16 or above, where you have not received their prior written consent to submit personal information about them to us.
We do not guarantee that our website does not contain viruses or other malicious software.
We shall not be responsible for any bugs or viruses on our website, any such software that might be transferred to your computer from our website, or any consequences which the presence or operation of such programs may have.
You must ensure that you have in place up-to-date and effective anti-virus protection on your computer or other browsing device.
You must not upload or otherwise introduce to our website any viruses, malware, spyware, adware, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, time bombs, keystroke loggers or any other programs or code that is harmful or malicious.
You must not use any third parties, software or technology to attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, our servers, systems, hardware, software or data.
You must not attempt to perform any denial of service type attack on our website.
We may report any breach or suspected breach of this clause (Viruses and other harmful content) to the Belgian Data Privacy Authority and may disclose your identity.
We do not exclude our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so, for example, for death or personal injury caused by our negligence. If applicable law does not allow all or any part of the below limitations of liability to apply to you, the limitations will apply to you only to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
Subject to the aforesaid, in no event shall we (including our members), under any circumstances whatsoever be liable to you for any loss, damage (whether direct, indirect, punitive, actual, consequential, incidental, special, exemplary, or otherwise) costs, expenses, liabilities or penalties, whether in contract, tort, breach of statutory duty or otherwise, whether foreseeable or unknown, arising from, in connection with or relating to:
- your use of our website;
- any corruption or loss of data;
- any inability to access our website, including, without limitation, any interruptions, suspension or withdrawal of our website (for any reason whatsoever);
- any use you make of any content or materials on our website, including any reliance you make on such content or material;
- any loss of savings, profits, sales, business or revenue;
- any loss of reputation or goodwill;
- any loss of savings;
- any loss of a chance or opportunity; or
- any other secondary, consequential or indirect losses,
And even if we have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage, without limitation, you assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair, or correction in the event of any such loss, damage, costs, expenses, liabilities or penalties arising.
You specifically agree that we shall not be liable for any content or the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party and that the risk of harm or damage from the foregoing rests entirely with you.
You agree that in the event that you incur any damages, losses or injuries arising out of, or in connection with, our acts or omissions, the damages, if any, caused to you are not irreparable or sufficient to entitle you to an injunction preventing any exploitation of any website, service, property, product or other content owned or controlled by us, and you will have no rights to enjoin or restrain the development, production, distribution, advertising, exhibition or exploitation of any website, property, service, or other content owned or controlled by us.
To the extent that any of the provisions of this clause (exclusions and limitations of liability) are unenforceable as outright exclusions of liability, they shall be construed as limitations on liability, limiting our liability to you to the maximum extent permitted by law.
You (and also any third party for or on behalf of whom you operate an account or activity on the website) agree to defend (at our request), indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including without limitation, reasonable legal and attorney's fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with any of the following (including as a result of your direct activities on the website or those conducted on your behalf):
- your uploads, access to or use of the website;
- your violation of any third-party right, including, without limitation, any intellectual property right, publicity, confidentiality, property or privacy right;
- your violation of any laws, rules, regulations, codes, statutes, ordinances or orders of any governmental and quasi-governmental authorities, including, without limitation, all regulatory, administrative and legislative authorities; or
- any misrepresentation made by you.
You will cooperate as fully required by us in the defence of any claim. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, and you will not, in any event, settle any claim without our prior written consent.
The website is provided on an "AS IS", "AS AVAILABLE" and "WITH ALL FAULTS" basis. To the fullest extent permissible by law, we do not make any representations or warranties or endorsements of any kind whatsoever, express or implied, as to:
- the service;
- the website content;
- user content; or
- security associated with the transmission of information to the website.
In addition, we hereby disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, title, custom, trade, quiet enjoyment, system integration and freedom from computer virus.
By accessing or using the website you represent and warrant that your activities are lawful in every jurisdiction where you access or use the service.
We do not endorse content and specifically disclaim any responsibility or liability to any person or entity for any loss, damage (whether actual, consequential, punitive or otherwise), injury, claim, liability or other cause of action of any kind or character based upon or resulting from any content.
Our website and any products or services available on or via the Sites are not intended for use by individuals under the age of 16.
If you are under the age of 16, you must not use our website, apply for any services, or submit any personal information to us.
We do not knowingly or intentionally process the personal information of any individual under the age of 16.