5G wars: Revenge of the poor signal strength
Join the adventure of our technological future. 5G is the 5th generation wireless technology for digital cellular networks that began wide deployment in 2019. It is a very new field in the telecommunication service industry. This course will try to explain the basics of the internet as well as the functional part of radio waves and 5G - things that have made the life we live now possible.
You will have the amazing opportunity to experience unforgettable parties in the Old Town of Riga and meet new, like-minded people from various study backgrounds and countries. Experience the new wave of fun, friendships and adventures with the 5G waves in Riga and all around the world while trying to make sense of the science of it all!
If you are just as excited as we are - apply now and join the adventure! We will guarantee that you will have the BEST time here with our team and other amazing people.
- Fields of activity:
- Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics
- Content and topics:
- 5G networks and internet
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Learning goals and objectives: Get insight of how 5G works - beginning with the way Internet gets transmitted to 5G station by optical cables, how internet gets to your device by 5G and how your device is using this high-speed connection to communicate with other devices and servers across multiple locations.
- Examination type:
- Group project, oral or written examination
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, interest in the topic and answers to our questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student dormitories or hostel
- Three meals per day, at least one hot (provided by organisers)
- Public transportation, car (if needed), walking. Transportation is at no extra costs.