Don't be a fossil fool, join our sustainability school
Have you ever wondered about the impact you have on our planet and how foolish some of the actions you do might be? Do you get inspired (or the opposite - annoyed) by everything Greta Thunberg says? Then you should totally apply to this course and join the “sustainability school” happening in the Paris of the North - Aalborg.
During the academic part of this course on renewable energy you will learn about the necessity of switching from fossil fuels to renewable, energy systems and ways to plan for a more sustainable future. You will be able to apply all knowledge gained from the lectures, presentations and visits to a project you will be working on throughout the course. We in Aalborg really love problem based learning, and we will show you how to do that as well.
Of course, we have not forgotten about the social part. You will have a chance to find out why Danes are some of the happiest people in the world (is it because of hygge?), participate in crazy activities and try our delicious food and drinks. And who knows - maybe one or two surprises will occur as well.
So don’t miss out on your chance to enjoy 11 wonderful days in Aalborg, learn (or laugh about) how to say “rødgrød med fløde” and see the real, wild vikings in action!
And never forget to stay PANDA!
- Fields of activity:
- Environmental Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering
- Content and topics:
- - Energy systems and energy planning - Renewable energy and the transition towards that - Power plants - Wind energy
- Learning goals and objectives:
- During the course you will be introduced to the energy systems and how big of an impact renewable energy has on that. You will be able to apply your knowledge and develop a mini project about 100% renewable energy system for Aalborg. In that way you will become familiar with the complexity of planning for a sustainable future, at the same time how much we can do about it without having too specific knowledge.
- Examination type:
- Oral group presentation of case study
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational letter, answers to questions, interest in topic
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- All the participants will be hosted on our campus
- Three delicious meals per day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner). At least one hot home cooked meal per day, cooked by our amazing organisers. Come and experience danish and international cooking.
- Public transportation provided at no extra costs (bus/train) and lots of walking