Surviving the Shift: Natural Hazards and Climate Change
Have you ever been concerned about the ever-changing climate? Have you ever wondered if our planet will remain sustainable in the coming years? As we observe a dystopian world where natural disasters occur at an increasing rate, how should we take action to protect ourselves? Can we survive such a catastrophe? Here's a question for you: Are you ready to find the answer to all of these in the heart of Athens?
If yes, BEST Athens is organising an academic course in April, aiming to ease your concerns. Additionally, you'll have the opportunity to enjoy 9 hopefully sunny days exploring the Greek capital, wandering its historic and vibrant streets, and, of course, visiting the famous Acropolis Hill. What else? Gyros, greek salad, tzatziki and many more are waiting for you!
Soooo, let your wanderlust take the lead, grab your sunscreen and come enjoy the academic, cultural and social activities we will organise for you!
- Fields of activity:
- Agronomics/Forestry , Environmental Engineering , Geology , Rural and Surveying Engineering
- Content and topics:
- This is a dynamic course delving into the world of natural hazards, such as landslides, erosion, floods, and wildfires, with climate change as a backdrop. Explore the science, triggers, mechanisms, and management of these hazards. Through expert insights, hands-on exercises, and real-world case studies, this course empowers participants with the knowledge and skills needed to understand, mitigate, and respond effectively to the challenges presented by natural disasters in an evolving climate.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Gaining in-depth knowledge of natural hazards and their causes. Learning how climate change influences the intensity and frequency of these hazards. Developing practical strategies for hazard mitigation and preparedness.
- Examination type:
- written exam or group project
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation Letter, answers to the questions and interest in the topic.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Hostel or university dorms
- 3 meals per day, at least one of them cooked. Potable water will be always provided for free.
- Public transport for free and walking (arriving and leaving from the place of the Event is not included).