Sustainable Urban Development: Shaping the Cities of Tomorrow
Does your every-day life make you wish your city was smarter?
Have you ever imagined optimising your city to be more sustainable?
Do you want to be up to date with the latest trends on city planning?
If so, this course is for you! Apply to this 9-day course and learn everything there is to know about making a city smart and sustainable! Find out how cutting-edge technology can improve your city, and make your life easier. This is your chance to learn about the characteristics of the cities of tomorrow and be part of the future!
Experience an exciting academic curriculum perfectly blended with the Greek culture and lifestyle! There’s no need for any previous knowledge, so everyone can apply!
If you’re not convinced yet, our city will seal the deal!. Explore the coastal city of Thessaloniki and join our HALARA spirit!
- Fields of activity:
- Architectural Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Civil Engineering , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Logistics , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- The Course provides an overview of the: - Introduction to the concept of smart and sustainable cities - Examples of applied technologies in cities around the world - Basic technologies used in the development of smart systems - Different approaches in structuring and developing a smart city - Exploring the ways that cities try to be more sustainable - Addressing the subject on how eco-friendly cities can be economically viable.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The aim of this course is for the participants to acquire general knowledge on the infrastructure and on the principles of smart and sustainable cities. The course will tackle basic concepts of smart and sustainable cities, the key technologies and different approaches taken by cities and organizations globally, to create a “smarter” and more sustainable environment.
- Examination type:
- Presentation based on a case study or project or written exam or continuous evaluation.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Based on motivational letters, interest on topic and answers to questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Hostel, university dormitory or organizers’ houses.
- Three meals per day, at least one hot (provided by organizers).
- Public transportation, walking.