Dreaming about the stars? Design your journey into space!
"Embark on a fascinating journey from Brno, the heart of sunny landscapes of Moravia, Czech Republic. Where is a better place to spend the first summer days than in a city that was recently hailed as the 4th best student city in the world? Come to experience the thrill of discovery in the city that is not only an academic hub, but also a gateway to cosmos - a birthplace of components that are a part of many current and planned international extraterrestrial missions. Dive deep into the captivating realm of space engineering and be part of an extraordinary mission to birth a baby satellite.
The Course will extend your knowledge in the problems of physics and engineering of extraterrestrial missions, while also introducing you to the management of such a big project.
Don’t just dream about the stars. Reach for them with us at Brno!"
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Mechanical Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics
- Content and topics:
- The Course consists of University and Company lectures and workshops, focused on problematics of Space engineering, more speciffically construction of satellites and their management. Students will learn the basics of space flight mechanics, will be introduced to the challenges of engineering in a space environment, while also finding out how a student satelite is created and how the project is handled. The Course will be delivered by lecturers from the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Faculty of Electrical Engineering, as well as by employees of one of the Brno's Space companies. As a cherry on top, we will visit famous Brno Planetarium.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The course will introduce you to current trends in space engineering. Students will become part of an extraordinary mission during the birth of a satellite. At the end of the course, participants will have a better understanding of physics, engineering of extraterrestrial missions, and managing a large project at the same time.
- Examination type:
- Written exam
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational letter and answers to the three custom questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student dormitories
- 3 meals a day, at least one of them cooked.
- Walking / Public transport