Lord of the Beers - the return of the brewmasters
Are you ready to make late spring 2018 the BEST SPRING OF YOUR LIFE???
If yes => Come to our AMAZING Spring Course in beautiful Germany!!!
Sometimes it comes black, on other times light. Girls and Crazy ones like it mixed, but nothing beats the classic sparkling “old but gold” with the white topping. What we are talking about? The wonderful, magical and best food replacement god gaves us on earth. The BEER. And where else then in Germany/ Bavaria, where even children can get into the favour of tasting this liquid gold, can you experience more and better the secrets of beer.
The department of Bioinorganic Chemistry of the University of Erlangen build up their own brewery and discovering and researching the brewery process together with local brewery. And guess what, they are interested in working with us! So who knows, maybe we produce our own beer.
But don’t worry, even if it doesn’t work, trust us there is an endless variety of delicious franconian beer. But of course you will also have tours to historical and cultural places in Bavaria, amazing German food (yes, sausages included!), kick-ass parties, sunny days and - most important - lifetime friends!
Are you ready? Then come to Erlangen and experience the craziest story you will be proud of to tell your grandchildren about!
- Content and topics:
- This course aims to equip students with both theoretical and practical knowledge on the topic of beer brewing. Topics covered in the course range from basic concepts, inside view behind the scenes of brewing and history to the production process and practical experience.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The course aims to transfer basic and deeper knowledge on beer brewing techniques especially focusing on the chemical and biological process. They should also have a better understanding of the individual process steps through it.
- Examination type:
- A presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Funny and creative motivation letter, fancy answers to the questions :-D
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Private youth hostel in Nuremberg and private lake house
- Three meals per day, at least one warm!
- Public transportation, walking