Man and the Machine: A Digital Adventure
There's no question that technology is playing a huge part in our everyday lives today. We’re in the midst of a significant transformation regarding the way we produce products thanks to the digitization of manufacturing. This digitization is slowly replacing the traditional manufacturing and industrial practices with the latest smart technologies
Hence, BEST Bratislava brings you this opportunity from the mechanical faculty of Slovak Technical University, to learn and discover the digital technologies used in the manufacturing sector, while you enjoy an adventurous summer in Bratislava.
It is the capital city of Slovakia which is a land of castles, culture and beautiful mountains. Bratislava set along the sides of the Danube river, has a very lively 18th-century old town and is breath-taking during the nights.
Wanna gain knowledge while you have the most amazing summer?
Join us in July to make it the most memorable and adventurous summer you ever had. Not only that, you will FLY. Yes, you heard it right. You’ll literally have a chance to fly. Experience the Slovak culture and tasty Slovak food.
Don’t wait any longer BEST Bratislava is waiting to give you the experience of your lifetime.
- Fields of activity:
- Automotive Engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Production Engineering/Management
- Content and topics:
- The general topic of the event is "Digital technologies used in Manufacturing Industries". Some of the important technologies which comes under this topic will be covered through lectures, workshop and Industrial visit. This event will have the content from the topics, Additive Manufacturing(3D printing), Industrial Robots, Automation, 3D modelling.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The main goal of our event is to introduce the participants to the modern technologies which are capable of replacing the conventional manufacturing techniques. Apart from the lectures, we aim to provide the participants with practical knowledge through workshops and Laboratories and visits to the industries. The participants will also have sessions with the professionals from the companies specializing in Industry 4.0.
- Examination type:
- Written exam.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational letter and answers to the questions. Your interest and willingness to learn about the topic, the place, the culture and your sociability.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student dormitory
- Participants will be served 3 meals per day, where at one will be a cooked meal served in the student canteen. There will be refreshments and snacks served during the day as well. Breakfast will be served in the form of a buffet.
- Public transport/Walking