Audiovisual Technologies: How to fake a moon landing
Join us on a marvelous journey behind the scenes of filmmaking in Prague. Let’s take a deep dive into audiovisual technologies and filmmaking together!
This course will present an overview of audiovisual technology where participants will go all the way from basic principles of how a microphone/speaker/camera works through how to use them, to video editing and special effects.
The first part of the course will cover the basics of image and sound technology. the definition and importance of this field. This will be followed by a practical session where participants will start working with different types of microphones and speakers.
The course will then move to video technology and image processing. We will cover the basics of video technologies, video principles and different types of video displays. You will also learn about digital image processing and graphics. This will be followed by a workshop where participants will get their first experience in video editing and an in-depth look at the image capture process with an emphasis on cameras.
You will gain the skills needed to effectively create your envisioned audiovisual masterpiece (your mom will be proud and we will be too!).
So come and join us and many other participants from all over Europe on this adventure in the great historical city of (Awesome) Prague. Find great friends and get to know our beautiful city and interesting culture!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Computer Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Multimedia and Communication Design
- Content and topics:
- Fundamentals of image, sound and video technology; Studio, lighting, film composition; Video signal processing; Sound studio, acoustics, microphones; Audio signal processing, sound effects; Visual effects and animation; Video and audio signal recording
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Understand the principles and technologies behind audiovisual production; Learn about sound studio operations - microphone selection, and recording techniques; Gain knowledge and skills in digital film processing, which involves learning editing, color correction, and other post-production techniques; Understand the different formats of image and sound signals, including their characteristics, applications, and compatibility; Learn the process of image signal processing; Explore the creation of visual effects and animations.
- Examination type:
- Written exam or project.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, answers to the required questions. Show us your creativity!
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Dormitory or hostel near the university
- We will provide 3 meals a day, at least one hot, cooked by the organizers or school canteen.
- Public transportation via. metro, tram, train or bus, tickets provided by organizers. Bus or train to the weekend trip location. Prepare you legs and feet for walking as well.