The Pirates of the LowLands: the c(o)urse of the Boat Builders
Have you ever built your own boat? Well, this is your chance to do so! We'll teach you the basics of ship stability and design, and the principles of remote controlled actuation. Afterwards, it's your turn to put the theory into practice and build your own remote controlled boat.
- Content and topics:
- - boat design - stability - propulsion - radio controllers - electrical engines
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Basic principles about ship design and stability, and the remote control of ships.
- Examination type:
- - practical exam: test your boat!
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter. 24 Students will be selected, keeping in mind a 50%-50% gender distribution, as well as a good nationality diversity. Participant need to be able to ride a bike, as it is our main transportation means in Ghent.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- - Dormitory - Youth hostel during the weekend
- - Very good healthy belgian food, called: "stuutjes mee hespe en uuflakke" - One hot meal a day
- - Bikes - Public transportation