No Pain No Gain
Experience pain in a way you have never done before!
Have you ever wondered why you experience pain? This is your chance to find out. BEST Aalborg will take you on a tour to understand what pain is and how you can control and prevent it. This course will offer interactive lectures along with case-based workshops and practical sessions that give you a first-hand experience on current and future aspects of pain, pain research, and pain management. Do not fear that this awesome course will be a week of pure suffering: The only sweet pain you will experience is to depart from new friends you have made after the time of your life.
Aalborg University is known for its problem based learning model and embracing teamwork. This is why you will be part of a group, doing practical sessions and exploring the aspects of pain with your team members.
The course is located in the beautiful, port city of Aalborg, which is known for its beer culture, wild Viking party heritage and funny language. Come and taste some rugbrød, rødgrød, and wash it down with a Limfjordsporter!
So do not hesitate to take part in the most (non) painful summer course!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Medicine/Dental Medicine , Pharmacy
- Content and topics:
- Pain, Pain research, Pain control, Pain reliever technologies, augmented and virtual reality, analgesics, Pain-free future.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Obtain basic knowledge about pain and experience on how to measure it. Understand different types of pain and how to prevent or manage them utilizing rationalised and personalised pain control, techniques and technologies used in pain related research and analgesic drug or device development. Experience and obtain essential knowledge about the unique case-, and problem-based learning model applied at Aalborg University where teamwork is a key aspect.
- Examination type:
- Oral, presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational letter, answers to questions and interest in the topic.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Three meals a day, at least one hot meal per day.
- Bus, train and walking.