LLN killed the radio star : Stay tuned !
Hey you, yes you! I've heard that there'll be some kind of awesome event in Louvain-la-Neuve next July... Have you ever wondered how things such as modulation, communication channels, reception, error correcting codes and multi-antenna transmission works? During the course you'll have the opportunity to apply and observe the various concepts in practice with software defined radio equipment. You will also measure and demodulate real-world telecommunication signals.
So if you you want to :
- Learn more about the basics of telecommunication systems
- Taste real Belgian fries (not the french ones)
- eat the best chocolate on Earth (we know you want it too)
- Visit some of the most beautiful cities in Belgium
- Meet crazy and funny Belgians who will convince you Louvain-la-Neuve is THE place to be !
Then don’t hesitate any longer! Write your motivation letter, take your laptop and come meet us !
- Fields of activity:
- Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Mechatronics , Multimedia and Communication Design , Telecommunications/Electronics
- Content and topics:
- Basic general aspects of telecommunications, such as modulation (both analog and digital), communication channels, reception, and possibly error correcting codes and/or multi-antenna transmission. The students will be able to apply and observe the various concepts in practice with software defined radio equipment. They will also measure and demodulate real-world telecommunication signals.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Through the course, the student should experience the large differences that can exist between telecommunication systems ranging from the simple ones that can be built at home to the very complex last generation technologies.
- Examination type:
- Project presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational letter and answers to 3 questions. We're looking for outgoing students who want to meet new people, discover Belgium and student folklore. Show us that you like and know something about the topic, and of course that you are fun and LOVING. Make sure your motivation letter is FUN and CREATIVE!!! Give us a hard time choosing participants.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Comfortable student housing ( each participant has their own room).
- We provide breakfast and two meals a day (lunch & dinner), at least a hot one per day.
- Transportation during the event will be provided at no extra costs. We will be mainly walking but we'll use the train, as well as the bus and the car. We might also rent bikes during our Weekend Trip.