From volcanoes to thermal baths, sail the hot waters, me heartie!
Ahoy! Welcome aboard seadogs. Embark on an epic journey through time itself as we explore the thermal seas. From their creation to their final harness.
Our beautiful city Budapest is not known for its piracy, (although we might have a few islands and there is a slight chance of hidden treasure being buried somewhere), however you might have already heard a few things about this city. From its fascinating architecture to its natural beauty Budapest has a lot to offer. The intersection of these two areas are the thermal baths where you can enjoy the BEST nature has to offer surrounded by amazing structures from all kinds of time periods.
Throughout the week we will learn about the geological origins of thermal water. The common usage of it and how it affects the human body. For those who are more interested in the technical aspects of this topic. Don’t worry! We will spare time to investigate water treatment facilities and geothermal heating systems. Besides all the technical learning, you will have the chance to meet people from all across europe and experience this 8 days long adventure together.
What be ye waitin' for, ye scurvy dog? Come aboard the ol’ vessel of LBG Budapest and we will help you find the treasure hidden deep in this “unforsaken” town.
- Fields of activity:
- Chemical Engineering , Civil Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Geology , Mechanical Engineering
- Content and topics:
- -origin of thermal water -geothermal heating -physiological effects of thermal water -industrial water treatment -thermal baths
- Learning goals and objectives:
- By the end of this course the participants will have a fundamental overview of the origin, the usage and the physiological effect of the thermal water. From the emergence of the thermal water to all of its current use cases.
- Examination type:
- Group project and presentation or test
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Based on motivational letter, interest in the topic and answers to our questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Youth hostel or dormitory
- Three meals per day, at least one of them hot
- Public transportation,private bus, cars (provided by organisers), walking.