the city of the future, a sustainable approach
The impact on the planet today is primarily from urban consumption patterns. Cities leave an enormous ecological footprint on the global environment and that ´s why the topic of sustainable cities is one of the most important issue nowadays. So if you what to get involved on this matters and at the same time, enjoy and learn about the portuguese culture, BEST Summer Course Almada is the place for you! Let's have fun, stretch out in the sun, meet new people and learn a lot more
- Fields of activity:
- Civil Engineering , Territory Engineering , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Planning - Air Quality - Construction - Road mobility - Noise - Illumination - public areas - Renewable energy
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The topics of the course are indicated below. They intend to give a generic background on sustainable cities.
- Examination type:
- Each student will perform a presentation on the subject.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation Letter
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- We will be staying at the University's Students dorm. During the weekend we will "camp" in a gym, so don't forget your sleeping bags!
- The meals will either be at the Faculty´s canteen or provided by the organizers.
- All the transportation in the SC activities will be provided by the organizers.