Applications of micro- and nanotechnology, small things amuse big minds
You are using it every day, even right now, without it your life would not be complete: Nanotechnology!
Want to know more about: nanobots, applications in cosmetic products, biomedical sensors...? or would you like to discuss "Size does matter!" for hours... ? Then, do not hesitate to join us in Eindhoven to enter the world of nanotechnology.
A good understanding of English is required to follow the academic programme. Prior knowledge about micro- and nanotechnology is not assumed, however, we expect you to be an active participant in both the lectures and the parties.
Expect an intensive event with a high quality academic programme and of course the world famous BEST Eindhoven parties!
- Content and topics:
- A short introduction to micro- and nanotechnolgy will be given followed by a more detailed look into applications in different fields of studies. Topics range from micromechanical manufacturing, electronics and MEMS, to biomedical applications, micro-fluidics and even more.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Basic understanding of nanotechnology. To familiarise with nanotechnology in the fields of biomedical, chemical and physical engineering. To work in groups on a case study.
- Examination type:
- By means of an oral presentation of the outcomes of the case study.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, interest in topic and contributing to the atmosphere.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student housing
- The Dutch way!
- Breakfast: sandwiches
- Lunch: same as breakfast
- Dinner: warm typically Dutch meal. But don't worry, we have lots of ketchup and salt!
- By bicycle, expect a trained body after the course! Excursions of longer distance are done by train or bus.