Virtuality: Explore beyond the real
The course on virtual and augmented reality will be organized in the campus area of the famous multidisciplinary Aalto University of Helsinki, where science and art meet technology and business. We will focus on the applications of AR/VR technology, but we will also briefly go deeper in how the technology (for an example tracking software) works.
The course will include valuable education, company visits and networking not forgetting the fun: you also get to explore our campus life, the Helsinki city, have wild parties and maybe even spot the northern lights. Our weekend adventure and our famous sauna crawling will welcome you to the the land of a thousand lakes (187,888, to be precise) and two million saunas. So what are you waiting for? Apply now to educate yourself on the most exiting technology of the decade, enjoy a sip of Minttu, relax in real Finnish wooden sauna and dip into the lake naked!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Civil Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mathematics , Optics/Optometry , Physics/Physics Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics
- Content and topics:
- Virtual and augmented reality and their applications. Lectures, company visits, project work.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Students understand the wide range of the applications of virtual and augmented reality technology and have a brief picture on how the technology (for an example, tracking software) works.
- Examination type:
- Written exam
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- We select our participants based on their motivational letters and answers to the questions. Previous knowledge on virtual reality technology or related field is seen as an advantage but a necessity. Participants must have a moderate level of english and they must be able to work in a group and with a tight schedule. Ability to have fun and entertain the organizers is a must!
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student Union guest dorms.
- At least 3 meals per day of which at least one will be hot.
- Local public transportation, walking, bus trip during weekend.