Planning Our Metropolises: Practical Approaches to Smart City
Ever envisioned a city where mobility is seamless, sustainable, and technologically advanced?
Eager to stay ahead with the latest trends in urban planning?
Is the hustle and bustle of your city leaving you longing for smarter, more comfortable living?
If you resonate with even one of the questions, then our course is tailor-made for you!
Diving into the heart of urbanism, mobility, sustainability, and social participation, this course offers a unique perspective on the challenges and solutions that define the Smart City landscape.
Discover the pulse of urban innovation against the enchanting backdrop of historical Gdańsk and get a big grasp on Polish culture during our Course in Summer!
- Fields of activity:
- Architectural Engineering , Automotive Engineering , Civil Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Management , Logistics , Power Engineering , Territory Engineering , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Explore the fundamentals of Smart Cities, covering urban mobility, sustainability, technological integration, and social participation, through lectures, workshops, and real-world case studies, enabling participants to gain a holistic understanding and contribute actively to the future development of urban environments.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The aim of this course is to acquire general knowledge on the topic and the principles of smart and sustainable cities. By the end of the course, participants should be also equipped with a holistic understanding of Smart Cities, enabling them to critically analyse challenges, propose solutions, and actively contribute to the future development of urban environments.
- Examination type:
- Presentation / group project
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational Letter, answers to the questions and interest in the topic
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Dormitory or hostel near the university
- Three free meals a day, of which at least one is hot (cooked)
- Public transport and on foot