NASA: North-Jutland Aalborg Space Adventure
Are you interested in the development of the modern technologies behind electronic systems in space, and would you like to see how universities and companies work to create the space technologies of tomorrow? Then you should totally apply to this course and join our Space Adventure in Aalborg: the Danish hub of Satellite and Space-Technology Research!
The academic parts of this course will introduce you to a combination of Space Networks and Power Electronics through a combination of lectures and company visits. You will be able to apply all the knowledge gained from the academics to a project work on the course. Also, the academics will introduce Problem Based Learning (PBL): the acclaimed learning model of Aalborg University.
Our social activities will give you a chance to find out why Danes are some of the happiest people in the world, participate in funny activities, and try out delicious food and drinks. And who knows, maybe one or two surprises will occur as well. So don’t miss out on your chance to enjoy 10 wonderful days in Aalborg, learn (or laugh about) how to say “rødgrød med fløde” and see the real, wild vikings in action.
If it sounds cool, then remember: Don't be shy, just apply! And most importantly of all, don’t forget to stay PANDA! (Pretty AND Awesome).
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Applied Sciences , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Telecommunications/Electronics
- Content and topics:
- Satellite Communications, Terrestrial and Non-Terrestrial Networks, Photovoltaics, Power Electronics, Problem Based Learning (PBL)
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The course will introduce you to a combination of Space Networks and the Power Electronics of Electronic Systems in Space. The course will give you a combination of lectures and company visits. You will be able to use your gained knowledge in a mini project that you will create, in a group, for the final course examination. You will learn about the aforementioned areas and must make an oral presentation for the mini project.
- Examination type:
- Oral group presentation of mini project.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- The participant’s motivational letter, answer to our questions and interest in the topic.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Participants will be hosted on our campus during the event.
- Three meals provided per day for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, of which at least one will be served hot. Danish and international food.
- Public transportation provided at no extra cost and walking.