Shipping on a Green Wave
Exciting new technology in the shipping industry that deals with environmental aspects, especially emissions to air, but we will also deal with topics such as bottom paint, ballast water, wastewater and garbage, noise and coastline pollution. Lectures and project teamwork, amidst the awesome nature of Norway with some special excursions to UNESCO world-heritage sites.
- Content and topics:
- Environmental impact of maritime transport with special focus on discharge to air. -Lectures on environmental aspects of ship transport, including: bottom paint, ballast water, wastewater, garbage, noise, pollution along coastlines and international treaties. -Excursion to shipping companies and others related to sustainble shipping
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Learn about environmental aspects of shipping, technologies that improve or even eradicate these problems. Learn what the shipping companies are actively doing to make shipping environmentally friendly. Perform interesting case-studies with fun teamwork.
- Examination type:
- Project presentation or written exam.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Elementary school, cabin and possibly hotel. Mattress will be provided, bring sleeping bag.
- Two cold and one hot meal per day. Snacks and drinks in between. Guaranteed no hungry participants!
- Bus, tram and car. All free for the participant of course.