Choose to ReUse - BioPurified Water
Water Reuse - The use of biological treatment and membrane filtration in reuse of treated wastewater in fish-farming.
MBBR-technology is an innovative, Norwegian technology that's in use in almost 50 countries. This course will mainly focus on the use of MBBR- and membrane technology. The topic will be studied trough lectures, company visits and a case study.
Come to the land of fjords and mountains and experience eleven days filled with fun, together with students from all over Europe. Vikings, trolls and beautiful landscapes are waiting just for you.
- Content and topics:
- Biological wastewater treatment (MBBR-technology). Membrane filtration technology. Requirements in the reuse of water. UV- disinfection. Bioreactors in recycling plants for fish-farming. After the intro-lectures there will be a case study where the participants will combine their new knowledge with the skills they already have.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To learn about MBBR-technology, membrane filtration and reuse of wastewater. You will get the opportunity to work in a team consisting of students, all with different technological background.
- Examination type:
- Presentation of the case study.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Elementary school, cabin and hostel. Mattresses will be provided, bring sleeping bag.
- At least one hot and two cold meals per day, in addition to coffee breaks and snacks during the day. Guaranteed no hungry participants!
- Bus, train and car if needed. Possibly plane for the excursion. This will be free of charge for the participants.