Aeronautics: Share the Icarus dream
Nowadays planes have become the best way to travel long distance, but from the first flight by the Wright Brothers, to the break of the sound barrier by Chuck Yeager, aeronautics has made great progress. The aim of this course is to understand what these progresses are, which laws make a plane fly, and much more! During this course you will also increase your aeronautics culture and share your experience with other people fascinated by aeronautics.
Of course this unforgettable week will also contain a great part of non-academic events.
You will taste the French culture (food, wine, French kiss !!!!), discover the beautiful city of Lyon and its surroundings, and get dizzy from parties and games.
- Content and topics:
- The course will include lectures about, aerodynamics / mechanics of flight / efforts on the structures or the human factor...
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To give the participants a global insight of how a plane flies, and what the future challenges of modern aviation are.
- Examination type:
- Written examination.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Based on their motivation letter, interest in the topic
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student hostel
- Lunch at the students' cafeteria
- Public transportation (metro, buses...)