Lisbon Design Thinking Boot Camp
Ready to drive innovation and technical change in European cities by promoting tourism while preserving local heritage and sustainable development? Want to discover unexpected opportunities for innovation in an old urban context with more than 3000 years? Then dive in and get your hands dirty at the 2015 Lisbon Design Thinking Boot Camp to look at ways to foster modern tourists old Lisbon. Its two intensive, experiential weeks working in the field and designing an innovative urban context.
Get ready to enjoy this amazing experience! There is no better way to spend these 14 days of summer than in the beautiful city of Lisbon with our wonderful Mediterranean climate and traditional dishes, stunning beaches and all this with the BEST companionship!
We are looking for students from different backgrounds, ranging from arquitecture to informatics, so don't be shy, just apply!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Automotive Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Geology , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Multimedia and Communication Design , Naval Architecture & Engineering , Petroleum Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Territory Engineering , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Engineering the city, sustainability, mobility, industry, technical change, urban and regional planning, innovative regions, environmental protection and energy planning.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Provide participants with the means to conceive feasible and relevant human-centred systems and technically oriented solutions for urban environments, stimulating student entrepreneurial skills.
- Examination type:
- Written report and oral presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Selection criteria will be based on the interest and knowledge shown on the topic, on Lisbon and its culture and on the originality of the motivation letter.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Students' dorm rooms
- Warm lunch and dinner provided by the university canteen during the weekdays and cooked by the organizers otherwise. Breakfast and coffee breaks provided by the organizers.
- Walking, public transportation and university's bus