Renewable energy systems in sustainable communities
So youre interested in Renewable Energy? Good choice for you and the future of our planet! This summer you get the chance to learn all about it from top professors at Transilvania University of Brasov.
Brasov is known to be "probably the BEST town in Romania" for its incredible sights, rich history and friendly people. Situated in Transylvania, surrounded by mountains it surely is the BEST place to learn about this topic while enjoying the beauty of a medieval town.
Your course will include lectures, projects, case studies and practical work (evenly distributed throughout the course's timeline). You can find the full academic description of the course here.
You will study and practice at:
RESREC R&D Center in two locations of the Transilvania University of Brasov: Colina Campus and the R&D Institute (ICDT)
Besides courses and learning, you will be having a crazy time together with 20 other people from all over Europe, who share the same passion with you. So get ready to party and have the BEST time of your life.
I bet we've caught your attention, so start making plans for this summer, save some money and apply to this awesome event, which will only give you the greatest memories, a more advanced knowledge, and last but not least, friendships that can last forever. So what are you waiting for?
- Fields of activity:
- Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Materials Engineering , Mechatronics , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics
- Content and topics:
At the beginning you will learn the principles about sustainable built environment and legality of path towards sustainable communities.
The course will continue with an introduction on design principles and a case study analyzing a Nearly Zero Energy Building followed by a lecture and practical work on modelling and implementation.
You will also acknowledge solar thermal systems for increasing the efficiency of flat plate solar-thermal collectors and integrating solar-thermal collectors in the built environment.
A follow up will be made on photovoltaic system that include conversion, modules, strings and arrays. Using this kind of systems in the built environment with some specific features needs an architectural integration which you will learn in a practical work.
Finally we will learn more about renewable based energy mixes in nearly zero energy buildings and how to apply for a European financing in renewable energy systems implemented for a built environment
- Learning goals and objectives:
The summer course aims at developing knowledge on Renewable Energy Systems Integrated in the Built Environment of Sustainable Communities. Beyond basic knowledge, hands-on learning will allow the participants to develop skills for approaching specific projects.
- Examination type:
- Written exam
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- We will look for open-minded and social people, interested on this topic. The selection will be based on the motivation letter and also on the answers given to the questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- The participants will be hosted in one of the best dormitories of "Transilvania" University campus. Rooms are with 4 beds and have their own shower and bathroom.
- Three meals per day are included. At least one hot meal per day.
- Public transportation