Big Data in a little country
Every minute we send 204 million emails, generate 1.8 million Facebook likes and send 278000 tweets, and upload 20000 photos to Facebook.
Google on average processes over 40 thousand searches per second, making it over 3.5 billion in a single day.
The NSA is thought to analyze 1.6% of all global internet traffic -around thirty petabytes (30 million gigabytes) every day.
The number of bits of information stored in the digital universe is thought to have exceeded the number of stars in the physical universe 2007.
Have you ever wondered how Google deals with all that data?
Has it happened to you that you searched for the prize of socks and since that you only see socks commercials everywhere spamming, making your internet browser slowing down?
Do you want to learn how Facebook, YouTube, Google and other social networks can stalk on you and get to know you better even than you yourself?
We have a surprise: Veszprem knows the answers!
Hungary is famous for its goulash, palinka, paprika, Nobel prizes, Rubiks cube or the two Hummers in the Lake Balaton (check the photos, it was hilarious :P).
So if you are ready to take this challenge, apply for our course :) Experience the BEST Spirit and get to know about BIG DATA with the most handsome guys and cutest girls in Hungary :) Spend 7 days and 6 nights with us: have a siesta by the Hungarian sea (lake Balaton), have fun and and get to know the Hungarian traditions.
Dont be shy, just APPLY, you will LOVE us :)
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Agronomics/Forestry , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Automotive Engineering , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering , Geology , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Medicine/Dental Medicine , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Multimedia and Communication Design , Naval Architecture & Engineering , Optics/Optometry , Petroleum Engineering , Pharmacy , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Territory Engineering , Textile Engineering & Technology , Transport Engineering , Veterinary Medicine
- Content and topics:
- Learning the basic things about big data and data mining
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To give the participants an inside view into big data, the topic that is very popular and became a buzzword these days.
- Examination type:
- Written exam
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Based on the motivation letter and the interest in the topic.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- 3 meals per day, at least 1 is hot.
- Public transport