Introduction to petroleum exploration & production
Are you tired of books and cold?
Are you interested about the energy world?
Have you caught up your attention
on petroleum exploration?
Dont miss the opportunity to come to one of the most beautiful cities of Greece! Where you can learn more about environmental implications in petroleum exploration, production and use, when at the same time, enjoy the warmth of the sun and get lost in the infinite blue of the Mediterranean sea!
Are you still thinking about it?
We will give you an advise
apply now for Paradise!
Dont be shy, just apply!!
- Fields of activity:
- Chemical Engineering , Civil Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Geology , Mechanical Engineering , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Petroleum Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering
- Content and topics:
- The current short-course aims at introducing students to the main concepts underlying petroleum exploration and production. During the course the following topics will be highlighted: 1. World and Energy: Introduction to the history of energy. Oil and gas perspectives in the 21st century. The energy mixture of the future. 2. Locating the reservoir: Fundamentals of fossil fuels generation and occurrence. The roll of petroleum geology and geochemistry in petroleum exploration. 3. Drilling wells to reach the reservoir: Basics of drilling engineering and the current frontiers of technology. 4. Producing the reservoir oil to the surface: Physico-chemical laws governing oil production. Current state-of-the-art technologies for primary, secondary and tertiary petroleum recovery. 5. From the well to the market: Oil and natural gas transport. Basic refining operations. Environmental implications in petroleum exploration, production and use.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The current short-course aims at introducing students to the main concepts underlying petroleum exploration and production.
- Examination type:
- The examination will be written.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and answer to the questions
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University's restaurant (breakfast and two meals per day,at least one of them hot and cooked )
- public transportation, organisers' cars, on foot