From Wheel to Real: A Car's Adventure
The car industry has made some incredible discoveries and developments that have made our lives much easier but we still don’t fully understand the mechanisms that make a simple “day-to-day” object like the car work.
This year BEST Coimbra takes you on a ride in which we show you all there is to know about a car. From the simplest of wheels to the most complex of electric engines. However, it doesn’t stop here, the future that this industry holds for us makes us question on how far away is the production of self-driving cars and on how does this concept work...
Fear no more, we have the answers to these questions, and a lot more. Join us on this incredible ride. The only thing we ask of you is to bring a huge bag for the BEST memories that you’ll have here with us.
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Automotive Engineering , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Conservation-Restoration , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Introduction to the basic components of the car; Automotive Systems; Traction, Charging; Inductive charging and power storage on board; Introduction to hybrid vehicles and electric vehicles; Trend for the future in the context of electric vehicles; Sensors (driving support);
- Learning goals and objectives:
- During this course you will have the opportunity to learn in more depth the mechanisms that make something as common as the car work. Our goal is also to show the participants of this course what the future of the automotive industry holds for us.
- Examination type:
- Written exam
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- We want the participants to show interest in the topic, Coimbra and Portuguese culture by writing a Motivational Letter full of spirit, fun and originality.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University dorms or an Erasmus residence.
- Breakfast, coffee breaks and lunch/dinner (at least 1 hot meal) will be provided by the organisers. Some meals will take place at the university canteens but you'll also experience Coimbra's finest chefs (the beautiful members of our Local BEST Group!)
- By Car, by bus and by foot.