Bionic man : not so unrealistic!
Have you always been interested in medicine and how to use engineering skills to improve life quality?
If the answer is yes, this is an opportunity NOT to be missed!!!!
You will learn how our body works and how to model its trajectories. With that knowledge, you will discover how to fix an injured body thanks to the different new prothesis (muscles, heart valves, retinia, etc.).
The course will be as practical as possible with labs and exercices. Indeed, in order to give you a complete understanding of the subject, you will have a couple of lessons in auditorium. It will mainly be given by Mr P. Lefèvre, Professor of bio-engineering at the Catholic University of Louvain.
After a hard day of study, there's always a party out there. This is why Louvain-La-Neuve is one of the greatest city made for students. The terrific mix made FOR YOU by BEST Louvain-la-Neuve will give you the chance to find out about our culture, our wide range of beers, our country and our delicious food. Furthermore, we will provide you a fascinating insight on biomedical engineering!
If you want to see both sides of the student life in Belgium, APPLY NOW!!!
- Fields of activity:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Imaging , medical devices and rehabilitation after an injury, how to build a relevant model of human body and especially muscles. We'll teach you how to reach a beer properly.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The students will have a general overview of the main fields of application of biomedical engineering. This will include an historical perspective and ethical issues related to biomedical engineering. There will be a presentation of the different classes of biomaterials and their properties (examples of applications). The students will discover the principal types of medical imaging devices and their advantages. A particular focus will be put on biomechanics and object manipulation: data acquisition and modeling. This will include a visit of the laboratory and demonstrations.
- Examination type:
- Written exam
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- We're looking for outgoing students who want to meet new people, discover Belgium and student folkore. You must be interested by the subject and willing to learn new things. Make sure your motivation letter is FUN and CREATIVE!!! Give us a hard time choosing participants.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student flats
- We will be mainly walking but we will use as well the train, the bus and the car.