Casting Buildings: Energy AUDITionS
Have you ever wondered, how much energy buildings waste?
This spring, LBG Thessaloniki gives you the chance to not only monitor that energy but compete with engineers from all over Europe to find the best solution in containing that energy and make buildings greener and more efficient!
So, wait no longer and come to Thessaloniki, the sleepless city of the young people, the nest of lovers!
WARNING: After this event, there's a great chance that you'll want to move here for ever. Just because Thessaloniki is one of the most awesome places on Earth!
The motherland of Halara and Ouzo awaits YOU!
- Fields of activity:
- Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Civil Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management
- Content and topics:
- REGULATORY FRAMEWORK: European framework, and relevant energy objectives and directives, EPBD and RECAST, energy assessment and audits, EPCs & DECs
- FUNDAMENTALS: Economics of energy savings, retrofit and new constructions problems, climate and comfort issues, energy behaviour of users
- THE BUILDING: Heat transfer, building envelope behavior, ventilation and passive systems, materials and sustainability
- INSTALLATIONS: HVAC basic power and energy issues, lighting and electrical power issues, integrated behavior and regulation, innovation and renewables
- ENERGY PERFORMANCE ASSESSMENT: Conceptual approach and available tools, data acquisition planning, energy audit (technical and economical approach)
- PRACTICE: In field activities
- Learning goals and objectives:
- After the course, the students will have a fundamental understanding about the factors that determine a building's energy consumption. The student shall be able to explain how different changes in a building will influence the energy consumption. Furthermore, they will develop certain skills regarding the actual energy performance assessment in buildings according to the EU EPBDs.
- Examination type:
- Presentation: Students will deliver and present group reports on the actual energy performance assessment results of University Campus selected buildings.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Interest in the topic
- Answers to the questions (be innovative!)
- Motivation Letter (be creative!)
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University dormitories or hostel near the university campus
- Students' canteen, 3 meals per day
- Public transportation