The BEST of Technology Foresight
Are you good at predicting the future with a crystal ball? Do you have supernatural powers?...No? Don't worry, you can apply to our summer course.
Technology forecasting is considered to be vital in today's business environment. Industrial history has witnessed many success stories as well as failures, too. Forecasting technology impacts many aspects from acquiring a new technology to developing a new technology. The course includes lectures initializing and familiarizing students to thematic topic, continued through analyzes of case studies, professional and research articles. The papers are selected from leading journals in the field such as Technology Forecasting and Social Change, Futures, and International Journal of Forecasting.
Furthermore, you will explore Tampere and the surroundings, experience sauna, long Finnish summer nights and have the full experience of student life in the greatest student town in Finland.
- Content and topics:
- Technology forecasting
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Students will learn how to carry out technological foresight activities and how to prepare business-like reports around different themes such as solar energy, wind power and nanotechnology.
- Examination type:
- Grades are evaluated based on case studies made during the course. There might also be some type of an exam at the end of the course.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Previous studies, open motivation letter and answers to questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student dormitory (3 big rooms)
- Breakfast in the dormitory - Lunch in the canteen - Dinner in the dormitory/restaurant/barbeque
- Public transportation when needed