Come over, my house is Architecturally Sustainable
Have you ever wondered how a University campus looks like during the summer break, when no students are around?
Ever Imagined what it would be like to live without having to pay all of those expensive bills? For water, energy and what not?
Or, do you ever ask yourself how you can apply all of those innovative and revolutionary ideas of yours for solving current global issues?
Well, you can stop wondering now! You have the chance to experience all of that (and more!) if you choose to participate in our course!
You have the opportunity to find out more about the steps that you should take when planning an environmentally friendly living space, about the recycled materials you can (and should!) use in this kind of buildings, and learn about the importance of the placement of your house.
We invite you to the historical city of Iasi, not only for this extraordinary academic course, but also for all the amazing people you’re gonna meet and for all of the incredible memories you’re gonna make and remember for the rest of your life!
Apply now and come enjoy 13 days of pure excitement, fun and adventure, alongside 21 other participants! We hope that this experience will bring closer the day when you will be able to say “Come over, my house is Architecturally Sustainable”!
- Fields of activity:
- Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Civil Engineering , Conservation-Restoration , Materials Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Planning personal and cost-effective houses with regard to the environment; Application of spatial principles and use of recycled materials.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The aim of the course is to provide the participants with knowledge about the basics of sustainable architecture and the importance of minimizing a buildings' impact on the environment. This course focuses on implementing fun and efficient learning methods via workshops and interactive work. You will learn how to take advantage of the light, the construction materials and the nature of the location in order to create an efficient yet welcoming housing space. Another objective is raising awareness about the need for sustainability in everyday life and in the context of climate change.
- Examination type:
- Project presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Participants will be selected based on their motivation letter and their answers to the three questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student Dormitories and cabin in the woods during the weekend trip.
- Three meals per day, at least one hot (provided by organizers).
- Public transportation, walking (transportation will be provided by the organizers at no extra charge).