Another One Bites the Microplastics
Did you know that every year 8 million tons of plastic end up in the sea? It's like each day, every minute, 365 days a year, a truck dumps its entire contents into the water.
Do you want to understand how we can make a difference in this area?
Do you want to discover more about the world of microplastics?
These particles are so small that pass undetected through filters and purification plants and cause enormous environmental damage. Over the years, due to the currents of the oceans, plastic islands have sprung up. One of these, the Great Pacific Garbage Patch is three times the size of France.
Now companies are trying to be more and more eco-friendly, and we, as students and future European professionals, must find a solution to this problem!!
Here you will learn what microplastics are, what are their damages to the ecosystem, and how the recycling process works. In addition, you will live for an entire week in the heart of the Eternal City, a few steps from the Colosseum, alongside the members of the romantic LBG! So don't waste any more time and apply now!
- Fields of activity:
- Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Industrial Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Microplastics, recycling and solutions for the future
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Give a general overview of the strategies that allow us to reduce the environmental impact of microplastics
- Examination type:
- Presentation or final project
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- We select participants based on their motivation letters and answers to the questions. Also, we keep diversity between countries and genders in mind.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Three meals per day, one of them cooked and 2 coffee breaks provided by organizers.
- Bus, Metro, Train, Feet. Transportation for all scheduled activities is free of charge