Analysis and Control of Complex Systems
In a quiet university where everyone knows everyone, a peculiar software starts a chain of events that leads to the appearance of a seemingly impossible to control robotic arm, which begins to tear at the fabric of the otherwise peaceful community. Suspicious professors and seemingly malevolent control freaks converge on the town while a few students begin to understand that there's more going on than meets the eye.
When all Matlab attempts fail, the whole town of Naples, University of Federico II turns upside-down. Many students are on the search for the legendary Matlab script, including professors, BEST Naples organizers, Pulcinella, Pizza, Mandolino and other notable people. But one thing leads to another, creating a supernatural trail. And things get even weirder when a little add one, Simulink, comes into the story.
You will have the oppurtunity to learn about the state of the art about control theory from one of the contemporary icons into scientific world.
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Automotive Engineering , Biomedical Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Logistics , Materials Engineering , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Power Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics
- Content and topics:
- Automation and Control Engineering. Networked linear and nonlinear systems analysis and control, using MATLAB and SIMULINK tools.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Students will gain basic knowledge and improve their understanding of automatic control. 2 different branches of automatic control: linear and nonlinear and ways to continue learn about network control and synchronization phenomena. Students will also improve the use of MATLAB and SIMULINK softwares.
- Examination type:
- Presentation + questions
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation Letter + questions
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Hostel or municipal housing
- Provided by organizers. At least one hot meal per day.
- Public trasportation or organizer's cars.