Extraordinary Nanomaterials for a new Megaworld
Did you know that materials’ behavior depends on interactions in a length scale 3-4 orders of magnitude smaller than the thickness of a single human hair? Did you ever want to tweak them and fabricate “su misura” materials with magnificent tailored needs?
To make bigger, better and stronger structures for a new megaworld, engineers look the opposite way: towards the nanoworld.
So, if you wish to learn first hand about the materials that will form our future, from the people that are producing and researching them and spend 10 unforgettable days this July in Patras, don’t be shy, just apply to our awesome BEST Course in Summer!
Right next to the sea, you will also enjoy an amazing greek summer and traditional food and spend some “halara” time with students from all over Europe.
Patras is waiting for you… Don’t you want to give it a try?!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Architectural Engineering , Automotive Engineering , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Civil Engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics
- Content and topics:
- Nanomaterials research and their applications in diverse fields of engineering.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Attendants to the the Summer Course will be introduced to the fundamentals and current state-of-the-art of nanomaterials research, such as graphene and nanotubes, their fabrication technologies, applications in diverse fields, future exploitation potential and challenges. Through a series of lectures, visits to labs where the materials are produced and visits to industrial and academic partners, students will gain a hands-on experience on the field of materials that will lead our future.
- Examination type:
- Team Project and/or Final Written Exam
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational Letter & 3 Custom Questions
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University's Dormitories or Hotel
- Restaurants in the city & home cooked meals by organizers (breakfast and two meals per day at least one hot/cooked)
- Buses, Patras Suburban Railway, organizers' cars (transportations will be provided for free during the event)