Entrepreneurial journey towards a low-carbon economy
Everything we do has consequences but often we’re not aware of the consequences of our choices. We need a new holistic approach towards sustainable economy and we need it fast!
One intense week of learning, discovering and amusement is waiting for you. Between the 22nd and 28th of June, you'll get a chance to dive into low carbon economy and its impact on the climate change crisis. Through lectures, company visits and workshops we will take a small step towards a more sustainable and low carbon economy.
In addition to the enriching learning activities, you will have much more waiting for you. Join us in the heart of Europe, in Zurich, to get a real "Swiss Experience": you will have a chance to enjoy tasty chocolate, while getting amazed by the beauty of Swiss Alps.
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Agronomics/Forestry , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Automotive Engineering , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering , Geology , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Petroleum Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Telecommunications/Electronics , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- The course will cover the basics of carbon-free economy and climate change, paired with a entrepreneurial perspective on the problem. The course contains 20 hours of lectures, discussion and possibly a company visits guided by professionals in the field.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The course provides participants with an overview of approaches for a carbon-free economy and the role of entrepreneurship and start-ups in this transition. The course also equips participants with tools on how to tackle the problem with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Examination type:
- Written/oral examination or case study
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and questions
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Youth Accommodation/Bunker/Dormitory
- Three meals per day, at least one hot cooked meal
- Walking, public transportation