Is your city as smart as Arancino?
Have you ever wondered how to make your city a Smart one?
If the answer is yes, join us in this fantastic course in one of the most beautiful islands in the Mediterranean sea, where you can learn how to make a Smart City knowing different types of Arancino!
Our aim is to instruct students on the basic technologies that can be exploited to build a Smart City, leaving them with a strong base of knowledge in the pervasive field of information and communication technologies.
This course will be organized with the collaboration of the most important professors of the Computer Engineering faculty from the University of Messina.It intends to train a motivated audience of 20+ selected students in the areas of Information Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science and Computer Engineer.
- Fields of activity:
- Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Internet of Things, Embedded Systems Programming, Sensors and Actuators, Cloud Computing, Edge Computing, Machine Learning, Image Recognition, Security, Blockchain Technology
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The aim of this course is to instruct students on the basic technologies that can be exploited to build a Smart City, from the hardware devices up to the Cloud, from the sensors collecting data to the intelligent systems understanding it and acting on the actuators, leaving them with a strong base of knowledge in the pervasive field of information and communication technologies.
- Examination type:
- Case Study
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Cheerful and motivated people who are interested and prepared on the topic. Also participants will be chosen based on their motivational letter, the interest showed on the the subject and the answers to the questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University Dormitory with single or double rooms, all equipped with air conditioning, fridge and bathroom.
- University canteen and/or provided by organisers. Three meals, at least one hot meal per day.
- Public transport, private cars and foot, based on needs. (every transport cost necessary to the course will be covered by organizers)