In Rust We Trust
Cast your mind back to the childhood. Try to recall these days when every single morning you could become a completely different person. What was your most frequent fantasy when imagination was the only limit? Becoming an actor, a fireman? Maybe a SUPERHERO? Sounds good and familiar? Great! If you want to be a real superhero and feel that way once again - Gdansk is the BEST place for someone like you.
The world has a serious problem which you can help us solve. Corrosion! That is the enemy who destroys cities, the enemy that can turn a billion dollar helicarrier into dust!
The time has come. Take up the challenge and stop him! To do that we need your help!
First step is to get to know the opponent. And there is no better way than to participate in Autumn Course in Gdansk! For 10 days you and 20 other Superstudents from whole Europe will gather knowledge to face up this challenge. You will take part in thrilling lectures, field trips and laboratory classes. All to prepare you for the final battle with this seemingly invincible enemy!
But hey! Even Tony Stark was not able to defeat Ultron alone. That is why you need a team! But team is not a group of random people. There is a secret that gives Avengers an advantage over any other group of Villains- the power of Friendship! Even the Avengers started to lose when they quarrel. Without friendship there is no team. Thats why you can expect a lot of attractions to get to know famous Polish hospitality and culture as well as BEST traditions. You will participate in Weekend Trip, City Rally, Cantus, various parties, sightseeing and many more - everything just to make your leisure time here in Gdansk exceptional.
IN RUST WE TRUST, tackles one of the most challenging villains of our times. The danger is significant and we need your help. Do you want to be one of the Avengers?! Come to our Autumn Course and become a SUPERHERO!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Naval Architecture & Engineering , Petroleum Engineering , Production Engineering/Management
- Content and topics:
- During the event, among other things you will work on: Designing corrosion control Practical application of corrosion Corrosion electrochemistry and control methods
- Learning goals and objectives:
- After this course you will: Have structured knowledge in the field of metal corrosion and its monitoring Be able to recognize microstructure of alloys of iron with carbon and other additions Know also positive aspects of corrosion and get to know its practical side
- Examination type:
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Based on motivation letter, interest in the topic and answers to our questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Three meals per day, at least one cooked and hot
- Public transportation