Is this the VR life? - Create your virtual game
Have you ever felt you are not from this reality? Do you always see the world different than others? Are you technology freak and all your friends keep asking you for help with their code? Are you dreaming of creating your own game?
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!
Let us show you the magical world of Virtual Reality! You will have the opportunity not only to learn about how the current generation of VR works, but you will also learn the basics of C# and Unity game engine.
Come to Gliwice, spend a great time and make unforgettable memories with people from around Europe, who may become your best friends forever. Not only we will greet you with bread and salt, as all Poles do, but we will also treat you with dumplings and bigos. You won’t be bored with us!
Don’t hesitate and apply now!
- Fields of activity:
- Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Mathematics , Multimedia and Communication Design , Optics/Optometry , Physics/Physics Engineering
- Content and topics:
- The course will be dedicated to Virtual Reality, it is possible usage and learning how to use Unity Game Engine in order to create VR Applications and Games. Participants will have the possibility to not only learn about how current generation of VR works, but they will also learn the basics of C# and Unity game engine. The key activity during the course will be creating an own Game, basing on the materials provided by the teacher. The course will contain the following topics: - Introduction to VR - Current state of the technology - Basics of Unity game engine - Creating your own game - Feedback and presentation of prepared game
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The goals of the course will be: - Learning theory about VR, Game Development and Unity - Applying the theory in practice, based on the materials provided by the teacher - Ability to create new VR games and applications after finishing the course
- Examination type:
- Students will be expected to create their own VR game, based on the materials and tutorials provided by the teacher. The game will be evaluated based on it’s design and reliability.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- We select our participants based on their motivational letters and answers to the questions. Previous knowledge on virtual reality technology or a related field is required. Participants must have a moderate level of English and they must be able to work in a group and with a tight schedule. Ability to have fun is a must!
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University dormitory or hostel.
- 3 meals per day of which at least one will be hot.
- Walking, public transport or bus during the weekend trip (transportation during the event will be provided at no extra charge).