Finding Atlantis: The way to sustainability
Do you want to find out all about the innovations taking place in regards to water sports, or how fishing/aquaculture and renewable energies are great supporters of our economy? Are you curious to see some autonomous vehicles and innovative systems from up close? How about discovering some incredible gadgets being developed nowadays to help putting sustainability into action?
Come learn about sustainability through the three branches which are most impactful in our local context: Sea, Cutting Edge Devices and Renewable Energies. Throughout the course we will be analyzing how can the sea be made more profitable and the way companies put their effort into managing their business in a way that impacts beneficially both society and the environment.
In this 12-day experience you will also be able to enjoy the amazing city of Porto and our lovely weather and beautiful, sunny beaches. Be prepared to have great amounts of fun, make plenty of new friends from all around Europe and taste our delicious Francesinha and Port Wine!
Just apply for the BEST experience of your life!
We are waiting for you in Porto!
- Fields of activity:
- Chemical Engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Maritime Management , Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Power Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Participants will gain basic knowledge on Sea Sustainability, Cutting Edge Devices and Renewable Energies. They will have an opportunity to attend several thematic workshops, field trips, company visits and lectures. This course will promote an environment where discussion, sharing and exchange of ideas and experiences are well welcomed.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Acquire multidisciplinary knowledge on sustainability, better understanding on how companies are starting to shape their actions around this concept, as well as identify the technology behind some innovative devices. Explore how renewable energies, the fishing and aquaculture industry can shape a country's economy.
- Examination type:
- Oral Presentation or Written Exam
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter (interest in the topic, city, and willingness to have fun and meet new people) and answers to the questions).
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Participants will be hosted on Hostel or University Residence.
- 3 meals per day, at least one of them hot.
- Public transportation or by foot.