IT Starts with an Idea
A guy who was bummed about a photo he regretted sending.
Two friends having trouble making the upcoming rent payment.
A lone Swede sets out to create something better than piracy.
Seems pretty random, right? But there is connection! All of these led to creative ideas which eventually became companies that we all know: Snapchat, AirBnB, Spotify.
The idea is just the first step but how do you turn it real? One has to study how to evolve that idea, how to pitch it to others, how to develop a business model for it and how to cope with competitors. You can do that and more in our summer course! During the course you will have the opportunity to learn how innovation and creativity leads the mighty IT sector!
Would you like to visit the Venice of the North, experience the open-mindedness of Sweden and have an authentic “fika” together? Make friends and have a lot of fun while you explore the magnificent city of Stockholm and the Scandinavian spirit? Then apply now and join us in the start-up capital of Europe!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Agronomics/Forestry , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Automotive Engineering , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Conservation-Restoration , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering , Geodesy , Geology , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Logistics , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Maritime Management , Materials Engineering , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Medicine/Dental Medicine , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Multimedia and Communication Design , Naval Architecture & Engineering , Optics/Optometry , Petroleum Engineering , Pharmacy , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Territory Engineering , Textile Engineering & Technology , Transport Engineering , Veterinary Medicine
- Content and topics:
- Ideation and idea evaluation, pitching; Business developement, business model generation; Market and competitive analysis, marketing; Ethical, scientific and social considerations
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The course aims to introduce the concept of start-ups in the context of the IT-sector. Students will learn the initial steps of idea generation and how to pitch their solutions. They will study the basics of building a business model on an innovative technological idea and deploying it to the market. After the course, participants are expected to have feasible knowledge on how to turn their ideas into a real business venture, while keeping technical, sociological and ethical aspects in mind.
- Examination type:
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- A creative motivational letter and answering the extra questions
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Hostel or student dormatories
- Three times a day, at least one warm meal each day
- Public transport