Technology, take the wheel!
Have you ever wondered how cars can drive on their own?
Do you wonder how they perceive traffic signs and other road users?
Do you want to be one of the lucky few to see what autonomous cars do “under the hood”?
If your answer to any questions above is yes, then you should apply to our Summer Course where you will learn everything about autonomous (self-driving) cars and more. In one week in Ljubljana you will learn how autonomous cars navigate, distinguish between different visual road elements and also see the ethics of autonomous vehicles. You will find out what the future of cars could look like and you will see if we will need driving licenses in the future.
Apply to BEST Summer Course in Ljubljana and you will spend 8 days in one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. You will have the chance to meet local students and culture of this small and wonderful country.
- Fields of activity:
- Automotive Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- During the course there will be addressed the following topics: Communication between autonomous cars and pedestrians, how autonomous cars perceive information from real world, how they navigate and what this kind of technology brings us in the future.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The aim is that participants get to understand how autonomous car works, how advanced the is the technology already and some moral dilemmas implemented in programing of such cars. With the knowledge provided, students can have a better understanding how future transportation will look like.
- Examination type:
- Oral or Written exam
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Participants will be selected based on their motivation letter and their answers to the three questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- During the week, participants will sleep in student dorms, close to the center of Ljubljana and on weekend trip in a private house in Slovenian Alps.
- Our amazing cooks, a part of organising team, will prepare slovenian traditional dishes and also some that are not so traditional, but still really good. That means you will get two warm meals per day and an awesome breakfast! And of course you won't need to pay for any of it.
- You don't need to worry about cost of transportation during the event, because it is going to be taken care by organisers - mostly cars and public transport (bus).