With local communities to better cities
You probably know the flow of creativity, when you have an opportunity to bring your design to life. But what if you had a unique chance to reshape a part of space in the city of Wroclaw?
Have you heard about “architectural interventions”? It’s a combination of a technological thought, creativity and ability to respond to the needs of a degraded environment and local citizens. By making real, practical structures, we want to show you how an architectural intervention is able to make space adaptable to buildings, as well as to human senses and needs.
This fall you will face the unique opportunity to get to know about this topic nowhere else, but in the Venice of the North, the 2018 European Best Destination – Wroclaw! Local BEST Group Wroclaw invites every passionate architect to form a team of international participants, that will get the most out of every project, party and activity that will take place. Get ready for the best environment for making friendships, learning and having fun! We want to give you an opportunity to work on a project born from public research, designing real urban structures - while absorbing the spirit of teamwork in the beautiful Polish surroundings.
So, how do you respond?
- Fields of activity:
- Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Conservation-Restoration , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design
- Content and topics:
- Participants will first design a structure, mural or whatever comes to their minds and then create it in one of Wroclaw’s yards. Many of them are grey, with no green spots. Under the eye of professional instructors from the Faculty of Architecture, the participants will bring colours to those places. Both useful objects (e.g. benches, pots with flowers), as well as structures that simply catch attention, can be designed.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The goal is to let the participants acquire knowledge about a down-to-earth branch of Architecture - the so-called architectural interventions. The participants will not only design something, but also create it in order to practise their design and handicraft skills. Their abilities of talking with local communities, creating solutions to their problems and working in teams will be developed.
- Examination type:
- Presentation of the completed project.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and answers to the questions
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Dormitories of our University
- Three meals per day and at least one of them will be hot.
- Public transportation (trams, buses) and on foot