Greenpreneurship: Board the Green Caravel
Over the last decades, humanity’s awareness on the environmental changes and fragility has increased and, as such, the concept of Green Entrepreneurship appeared. The major goal is to create environmentally sustainable business models and ideas, which can better cope with the ongoing changes and threats, having a positive effect on the environment while also being financially sustainable.
During this 11-day course in Europe’s Green Capital, Lisbon, you will be learning about Green Entrepreneurship. With 2 components (entrepreneurship + sustainability), we aim to equip you with the basics on how to go from an idea to a business model, and how to make it sustainable.
So what are you waiting for?!
Don’t miss this opportunity to visit the city built on seven hills, to watch a sunset over the city in one of the many “miradouros”, to eat a pastel de nata near the Tagus River and to learn a lot about the Portuguese culture! All of this while you start your journey towards becoming (who knows?!) the CEO of the next big Green Company!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Mechanical Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management
- Content and topics:
- Green Entrepreneurship. How to go from an idea to an economically and environmentally sustainable business model.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The aim of the course is to introduce basic concepts of both entrepreneurship and sustainability to the participants, making them aware of the challenges behind implementing sustainable ideas.
- Examination type:
- Group Project with Final Presentation.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational letter and answers to questions (creativity, written English proficiency), interest in Green Entrepreneurship, interest in Portuguese culture.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student dorms.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner (at least one hot meal per day).
- Public transportation (paid by the organizers), on foot.