TurinX: the new horizon of Space Economy
What is this? It’s something that you can eat? It’s a new Spielberg’s movie?
No, Ladies and gentlemen, the Space Economy is a new frontier where space and digital technology come together to create new opportunities for business and technologies that would have been unthinkable until now.
There are several areas of development and all of them very interesting: satellites, more precision geolocation, construction for Lunar Space Stations, stellar tracking, artificial intelligence, robotics and whatever that can you imagine being related to space.
During our course you’ll have the opportunity to understand more about this new topic with lectures from the Politecnico di Torino, company visits (Turin is the italian city with the biggest number of industries related to the spatial sector) and workshops.
But that’s not all: in the week together you will get fully immersed in Italian culture!
During the week, you will discover all the secrets and mysteries of our city, you will enjoy the typical chocolate and the regional wine in one of the elegant squares in the city center and learn more about the city where Italy was born (yes, we were the first capital city of Italy).
Instead, during the weekends we will take a break in the surroundings of Turin, where you will have the opportunity to taste the delights that our country, and especially Piedmont, our region, have to offer!
What are you waiting for? Book your “space shuttle” and come to the city where innovation and tradition mix themselves in a breathtaking bowl created by the Alps!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Automotive Engineering , Civil Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Logistics , Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Physics/Physics Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics
- Content and topics:
- Space, in recent years, has increasingly established itself as a fundamental resource for Earth monitoring, for telecommunications, for earth observation and geo-localization services. During the course you'll have the opportunity to find out and understand more about Space Economy and its importance nowadays, thanks to the lectures with the professors from Politecnico di Torino, company visits, workshops and student teams, we will go deep into this exciting new sector of economy and technology.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Understand the potential offered by the space used today in combination with the most advanced digital technologies in order to provide and develop new services. Discover the great variety of application sectors related to the development of the Space Economy. Become part of an international and intercultural work team with the goal of finding a solution to a real problem.
- Examination type:
- Case Study or Project
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, true interest in the topic, and answers to the questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Hostel or hotel
- For the whole duration of the event, drinkable water and three meals per day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) will be provided at no extra cost. At least one meal per day will be served cooked and hot (sandwiches are not considered a cooked meal). Special food requirements of participants will be provided at no extra cost in case of medical necessity or personal and religious beliefs, as long as the organising LBG is informed about such requirements in advance.
- For the whole duration of all Event transportation both to lectures and to all activities related to the content of the event will be provided at no extra cost. Transportation costs to the arrival place and from the departure place will not to be covered by the organising LBG.