Membranes for Biorefining and Biomedicine
Membranes… What comes to mind when you hear that word? “Molecules”, “Cells”, maybe “Polymers”? Surely not “Bioreactors”, nor “Artificial Organs”, and definitely not “3D Printing”. In this course of 9 days, you will be able to not only interact with experts of this field and expand your knowledge by trying innovative techniques for Membranes Development, but also explore the beautiful country that is Portugal by enjoying the wonders of our culture!
Are you prepared to have the most fantastic and terrific “Nightmare Before Summer”? Then hurry up, pack your stuff, and run to Almada!
- Fields of activity:
- Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology
- Content and topics:
- The course consist on a variety of classes focused on Membrane Engineer and multiple fields of applications that these ones can have in different types of industries. Biomedicine wise, the students can learn about Artificial Organs and Regenerative Medicine; And Biorefining wise, they will be able to understant the principles of Membrane Bioreactores and Biopolymeric Membranes.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Gaining knowledge on various applications of Membranes on different fields of Science.
- Examination type:
- Collective Project and therefore Project Presentation.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation Letters and three open questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Students Residence located at SST-NOVA campus, Almada.
- We offer 3 meals a day, intertwined with coffe breaks. At least one of the meals is served hot.
- Public Transports (surface metro, bus, train and subway) and in case of need it will be used the organisation's cars.