Smash or Pass: Biomechanics Class
Biomechanics… But what it really is?
The term “Biomechanics” covers many different topics. Mechanics of human movement, implants, traffic accidents but also overloads during your rollercoaster ride! If you would like to know:
-Why is it better to wear a seat belt in the car?
-Why figure skaters spread their arms during rotation?
-How implants work and why is a piece of metal in your body safe?
-How many boxing strokes can the skull withstand?
Then this Course is made for you! During this Course you will discover the secrets behind the mechanics of human movement, the loads accompanying the work of the human body, how much your body can withstand and also you will learn about safety during driving a car and the analysis of road accidents!
After exhausting but very interesting classes, we will party together until the morning. We have planned loads of activities for you to make the evenings and nights unforgettable. We will go on a weekend trip where we will get to know each other and our cultures. We can't wait to show you beautiful Warsaw, and our favorite places. You will visit great venues - both the historic part of the city with breathtaking architecture and the vibrant party districts full of students from all over Europe.
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Automotive Engineering , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Civil Engineering , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Materials Engineering , Medicine/Dental Medicine
- Content and topics:
- The course is focused on the subject of biomechanics, we will explore the aftermath of traffic accidents and we will learn about human body strength and limits of endurance.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Students will gain knowledge about the mechanics of human movement, the endurance and loads working in the human body especially overloads during a traffic accident and their mechanical analysis.
- Examination type:
- Multiple choice test with one or more correct answers.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Participants will be chosen by Motivational Letter and by answering questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Students’ dormitory or hostel.
- Three meals per day, at least one served hot. If you have any diet preferences, please inform us in the form. (any kind of allergies, intolerances or dietary preferences like vegetarian diet)
- Public transport(metro, tram, bus) and by foot.