The Leader Τakes Ιt Αll: Αn Ιntroduction to Soft Skills
Are you studying in STEM? Do you feel anxious when you have to work in a team? Is visiting Greece in your bucket list? Then this course is for you!
Soft skills are non-technical skills that describe how you work and interact with others. Together we will review the soft skills you'll need in your career, but also in your everyday life. You'll get familiar with making decisions, solving your problems efficiently and becoming more adaptable. Get ready to meet professionals in the field and put your skills in use alongside other European students.
If you're not sure what you want your souvlaki to have inside, after this course you'll become an expert! You're gonna meet great people, try lots of gyros and ouzo, experience Greek summer and all that while visiting one of the top european summer destinations! Plus, we will teach you how to make frappe and dance syrtaki!
What are you waiting for? Apply now and have the BEST week of your life!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Automotive Engineering , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Civil Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Textile Engineering & Technology , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- The Course will cover Soft Skills that are necessary to an engineer’s career. We will focus on Problem Solving, Decision Making and Adaptability through theory lectures and workshops.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Till the end of the Course participants will learn: - How to define a problem; determining the cause of the problem; identifying, prioritising, selecting alternatives for a solution and implementing a solution - The different types of decisions; the 7 steps of the decision-making process - How to identify and explain both the affordances and limitations associated with problem-solving and decision-making
- Examination type:
- Team Project
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational Letter & Answer to 3 Customised Questions
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University’s Dormitories or Hostel
- Restaurants in the city & home-cooked meals by organisers (breakfast and two meals per day, at least one hot/cooked)
- Buses, Patras Suburban Railway, organisers' cars