MAGMAGEDDON in Naples: rock with the BEST or roll like the rest!
Damned icelandic volcano! You are stealing my show...don't you know that I 've been one of the most famous volcanos in the world since the past times??I began my career destroying 2 cities, while now you are just coughing!But I'll take care of it, I' ll share my heat with neapolitan BESTies and after this Autumn Course, we'll see who is the BEST volcano in Europe.
People, have you ever felt like sleeping in a crater?? have you ever wondered about the structure of a volcano and earthquake origins?? are you, even more, interested in engineering solutions to hinder effects of these natural phenomena?
While autumn rages on Europe, sipping Limoncello, you will learn what you read before!!
Be ready for the BEST experience of your life, feeling the BEST spirit of hot and sunny Naples, an awesome city of south Italy,sorrounded by the wonderful landscape of the Vesuvius and the islands of Capri and Ischia, not far from the ancient city of Pompei, and discover the hospitality of neapolitan people!
Come to see what's "SHAKING" in Naples :) I'm waiting for you!!!
Kind regards and "hot" kisses
- Fields of activity:
- Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Civil Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Geology , Industrial Engineering , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Territory Engineering
- Content and topics:
- You'll have an overview of volcanos, earthquakes and pragmatic solutions adopted in seismic engineering.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- First knowledge on volcanos, earthquakes and their influence on industry, agricolture and cities. You will also visit a real volcano! Overview on earthquake-proof buildings.
- Examination type:
- written examination
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Awesome people interested in the topic of the course and their motivation letter.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Participants will be lodged near our University, in 3/4 places bungalows or university dormitory.
- 3 meals, at least one hot meal a day: continental and mediterranean breakfast, lunch and dinner. Pasta everyday: welcome to Italy =)
- Public transport and private cars according to the needs