EntrepreneurShip: Sail to the Future!
Are you always full of great ideas that no one ever thought about? Did you ever build an innovative product and you wanted to commercialize it, but you didn't really know what steps you needed to take? Then this course is exactly what you're looking for!
In the period of two weeks you'll get to learn the basics of what Entrepreneurship is and which steps you should take to bring your idea to the world. You'll be surrounded by great professionals and teachers and you'll learn how to spot a business opportunity, who you should talk to to build your new company from scratch, how to create a business plan, and more. You'll also get the chance to learn from true entrepreneurs, now successful people, but that overcame very difficult times to turn their idea into a business!
Don't be fooled! In this course, we'll talk about innovation, creativity, business and money! In one word... Entrepreneurship! Through this course, we'll take you to a brand new world, where nothing stays the same and where you will need to be creative and bold enough to make your way through.
Apart from the great course, in Portugal you'll find a country full of history and proud people that a long time ago also took the risk and discovered the world! Come and see how beautiful Porto is, why is Douro (Gold) River called like that and how tasty Porto wine is. You'll also get the chance to explore our wonderful beaches bathed by the Atlantic Ocean and be a part of our fantastic parties! We know you can't resist this invitation.
So... If you think you have what it takes to join us in this unforgettable journey, meet us in August in the beautiful seaside city of Porto and have the BEST time of your life!
"Without change there is no innovation, creativity, or incentive for improvement. Those who initiate change will have a better opportunity to manage the change that is inevitable."
- Content and topics:
- Several topics related to Entrepreneurship like: introduction to Entrepreneurship, business opportunities, business plans and others.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Transmit to the students the basic notion of entrepreneurship, how to form a company, and to develop an idea.
- Examination type:
- Written exam
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Interest in the topic and the city. Good motivation letter. We will try to keep the 50%-50% gender distribution, as well as a good nationality diversity
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Youth Hostel or Univerty's Residence.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner at the University´s canteen. Traditional portuguese food.
- Public transports like bus, train and metro.