How metals face the materials race
Ever wondered why you can't replace metals by plastics?
Ever wondered in how many ways you can protect metals?
Did you know that metal coatings can be self healing?
Ever visited a bar with more than 2000 beers?
Then Brussels is the place to be and July the time to come...
- Content and topics:
- The course will have following modules:
* Production of Metals
* Microstructure and Forming of Metals
* Surface Engineering of Metals
* Surface Analysis of Metals
* Corrosion of Metals & Self healing of Coatings
* Practical Course
* Visit to research institutes of companies
* Visit to the Netherlands TU Delft Faculty of 3 Me
- Learning goals and objectives:
- This course has the intention to give the participants an overview of metal production, metal microstructures, forming and resulting metal mechanical and functional properties. This way, the participants(YOU!) are given the chance to learn about the latest research done at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel, the Université Libre de Bruxelles and NIMR-TU Delft, together with visits to research labs.
- Examination type:
- Written examination about all the handled topics in the course.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Are you a metallurgy, chemistry or material science interested student with a dose of enthousiasm and team spirit? Convince us with some relevant courses and your motivation letter :)
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Check our Summer Course website for more information about the lodging location.
- Breakfast, lunch (sometimes picknicks) and dinner are arranged. We will let you taste some Belgian specialities, such as chocolate, beers (Belgium has more than a thousand beers) and some typical dishes.
- Train, tram, metro, bus, cars and just walking. We'll do them all to discover Brussels and Belgium.